[whatwg] Video and Audio schema for validators

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Jan 22 17:30:52 PST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Arne Claassen wrote:

> I'm trying to add video and audio tags to our XHtmlValidator and after
> going through http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/ I've
> pieced together schemas for both, but wanted to ask if there was a more
> authoritative source?

Nope, that's as authoritative as it gets.

> In particular, I came across a couple of event handlers in examples that
> i can't find defined anywhere in the specs, like ondataunavailable and
> oncanshowcurrentframe

Yeah the spec right now doesn't do a good job of listing all the event
handler attributes. I plan to fix that sometime this year. One thing to
note: they'll all be on all elements, not just the media elements.

For media, there'll be one event handler per event in the summary table in
the media section.

HTH,