[whatwg] Validation

Nils Dagsson Moskopp nils-dagsson-moskopp at dieweltistgarnichtso.net
Mon Jul 20 13:21:08 PDT 2009

Am Montag, den 20.07.2009, 16:12 -0400 schrieb Darxus at ChaosReigns.com:
> Say I have some pages on my site that are HTML7, because I know that
> IE 10
> has pretty good support for it.  And I have some other pages that are
> in
> HTML9 which became a Recommendation 4 years ago but which which IE 10
> still doesn't support, but I have been very careful to accommodate IE
> 10 users by various means.

Uh-okay. What could "various means" be ?

> And I want to use a spidering validator on
> my entire site.And I want to make sure that the HTML7 stuff is valid
> HTML7 so I can mostly not worry about it working with IE 10, but the
> HTML9 pages obviously wouldn't validate as HTML7.

Why not use a HTML7 and a HTML9 validator in this case ? The HTML 7
validator could check all pages and report those that aren't valid HTML
7. Those pages could then put onto a list that is checked by the HTML 9
validator.

> It seems to me that in this case having an HTML version number
> somewhere in
> the document would be useful.  And that this is a practical example.

See the above question.

Cheers
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp