[whatwg] A New Way Forward for HTML5

Joseph Pecoraro joepeck02 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:04:38 PDT 2009

> I think we need an approach that doesn't involve in-flow links...
> I'm just
> not sure what the right solution is. Maybe alt-double-clicking
> should show
> a menu with two options, "submit comment here" or "change section
> status"?

Alt-Double Click doesn't sound very discoverable.  Even if I knew that
shortcut I'd probably forget at some point.  Maybe having something
position:fixed would be better because there is something visible and
reachable at all times.  The problem then would be automatically
determining which section is being commented on.  Its certainly not as
straight-forward as clicking on the section.  Just some ideas.  I'm
very interested in seeing a commenting system.

- Joe