[whatwg] Google's use of FFmpeg in Chromium and Chrome

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:42:47 PDT 2009

I'm perfectly calm, what people need to realize is that this issue is
actually not about submarined patents (more like aircraft carrier
patents) or tricky corner cases for the lgpl., but that the internet
users prefer more quality in their codecs/megabyte/second. So long as
this is true this issue will not be resolvable cleanly and the kind of
puritism that Robert mentioned is achievable only upon expiration of
said patents or dramatic quality improvements of the free codecs.

You can claim Humians as much as you like, the rest of us are trying
to ship software here.

Chris

--
Open Source Programs Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com