[whatwg] Codecs for <audio> and <video>

Jeff McAdams jeffm at iglou.com
Tue Jun 30 12:53:10 PDT 2009

Peter Kasting wrote:
> There is no other reason to put a codec in the spec -- the primary
> reason to spec a behavior (to document vendor consensus) does not
> apply.  "Some vendors agreed, and some objected violently" is not
> "consensus".

But "Most people agreed, and one or two vendors objected violently"
probably is.  Just because one or two people are really loud, doesn't
mean that there isn't concensus.

I'm not saying that this is the case, here, but it is possible.

Also, I find the focus on vendors to the exclusion of other stakeholders
a bit concerning.

--
Jeff McAdams
jeffm at iglou.com