[whatwg] Removing the need for separate feeds

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri May 22 03:36:49 PDT 2009

Eduard Pascual wrote:

> For manually authored pages and feeds things would be different; but
> are there really a significant ammount of such cases out there? I
> can't say I have seen the entire web (who can?), but among what I have
> seen, I have never encountered any hand authored feed, except for code
> examples and similar "experimental" stuff.

Surely this proves the need for a way of extracting feeds from HTML?

You never see manually written feeds because people can't be bothered to
manually write feeds. So the people who manually author HTML simply
don't bother providing feeds at all.

If an HTML page can *be* a feed, this allows manually authored HTML
pages to be subscribed to in feed readers.

--
Toby Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>