[whatwg] <a onlyreplace>

tali garsiel t_garsiel at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:22:21 PDT 2009

 	<BAY117-W90F5B859CD291AC4E373B83C20 at phx.gbl>

 <dd0fbad0910180717q60e0c0f5l12e81a337af57dc8 at mail.gmail.com>

When I said an optimization is a must I didn't just mean bandwidth.
Imagine this use case:
You have a page with a chart and a table showing data calculated from complex statistical analysis on your huge database.
Both the chart and the table have "refresh" buttons implemented with "<a onlyreplace ...>".
Recalculating the chart when you refresh the table or vice verse will not be acceptable by your project manager :)
The server will need to know what is currently requested.
The solution is not necessarily to strip the content, but the server must get information of the updated parts and choose what to calculate.