[whatwg] Date/time field types - min, max, popup UI.

Sigurd Magnusson sigurd at silverstripe.com
Mon Sep 7 17:00:11 PDT 2009

Aryeh, ok, thanks for clarifying that. I also note now that http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#date-state
  shows max and min can be written as date strings. Phew about that.
But I'm glad you agree with the UI. I also don't think that the 'blank
text box with a calendar icon to the right' is the most optimal way of
asking the normal human being to choose a date -- except where this
question is on a compact form, or where the question is optional or
unimportant and so shouldn't dominate the web page.

I feel this textbox with icon UI has arisen based on the limited time
available to most website developers and the fact that developers
wished to use a text input to ensure the data is part of a standard
GET/POST submission.

Sig