[whatwg] article/section/details naming/definition problems

Erik Vorhes erik at textivism.com
Wed Sep 16 07:46:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Bruce Lawson <brucel at opera.com> wrote:
> there would also need to be a <comment> element

I'd be *slightly* concerned that confusion could arise between a
<comment> element and the <!-- comment syntax -->, at least in
discussion. (I.e., what would "HTML comment" mean?)

<entry> (which has already been proposed) might more logically suit
the bill for standalone articles (in a blog or whatever) as well as
blog/forum comments. And since it's part of the Atom spec., there's
some precedent for defining its use.

That said, I don't have a problem with <article> as a special kind of
<section> (though having articles nested within articles doesn't agree
with my brain at this point).

Erik