[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Ben Schwarz ben.schwarz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 03:45:57 PDT 2010

I'm really not too sure what pre-existing problem this actually solves.
Given that a server sets the correct mime-types for a given resource, we
know what "type" it is already.

Setting the Content-disposition on the client side creates an annoying user
experience.

If I want to open a link in a new tab, window or download, I'll do it like I
have done for the last ten years—via a keyboard modifier or a contextual
menu.