[whatwg] [br] element should not be a line break

Kit Grose kit at iqmultimedia.com.au
Thu Aug 5 08:24:54 PDT 2010

I do see an advantage to permitting the arbitrary styling of the BR element.

Often a series of links shown inline are separated by a pipe (|) character. In the past I've produced this effect using border-right and other such malarky on the anchors or inline LIs with the same, but I think semantically the symbol does indeed represent a break between the links and that having the ability to style the break accordingly would be terrific.

—Kit