[whatwg] Please consider adding a couple more datetime <input> types - type="year" and type="month-day"

Ryosuke Niwa ryosuke.niwa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:33:49 PDT 2010

I'd just say that there might be a demand for this feature in Japan (if
localized properly) because all official government document needs to dated
with "era name" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_era_name).  Some
banks even implement their internal database systems using "era" system, and
it's always cumbersome for humans to convert between "era" and Gregorian
year.

Best,
Ryosuke Niwa