[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Dennis Joachimsthaler dennis at efjot.de
Tue Dec 7 09:51:08 PST 2010

Am 07.12.2010, 10:13 Uhr, schrieb Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de>:

> It would be great if those scripts could just get fixed.

Do you actually think that would HAPPEN? I think not. Better have people
get
rid of them entirely. Though that wouldn't happen either.

I'm still all for such a property in <a hrefs>. I personally hate writing
scripts to do something so simple.

I think we could name it declaration of content. Why should HTTP, the
protocol
underlying the HTML language, have to take care of declaration of content?
Shouldn't the HTML file itself have the power over that? We have a lot of
that
already, like content types, etc. But we can not yet declarate content
which is MEANT for downloading to your hard drive.

This is a big hole in my opinion.

> Best regards, Julian

My regards too.