[whatwg] Canvas "coordinate space units"

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 14 22:52:31 PDT 2010

On 7/15/10 1:41 AM, David Flanagan wrote:
>> They do that anyway on a high-dpi display that uses multiple device
>> pixels per CSS pixel, no? Except for scalable images, of course.
>
> I was not aware that any such devices existed yet. Except of course for
> printers.

Fwiw, see <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors>.
Gecko running on such a display would use multiple device pixels per CSS
pixel until recently.

(And of course iPhone 4 is 326dpi, and plenty of other cell phones are
in the 200dpi+ range; devices with that pixel density held at typical
monitor reading distance instead of right up to one's face might well
want to map multiple device pixels to a single CSS pixel).

> I still think that "coordinate space units" is a vague term and that the
> treatment of lineWidth needs to be clarified in the spec.

That seems quite reasonable.  ;)

-Boris