[whatwg] [URL] Starting work on a URL spec

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Sat Jul 24 13:20:09 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is that URLs as values of attributes in HTML or is that URLs as pasted into
> the address bar? I believe their processing differs...

I strongly suggest ignoring browser address bars.  As the author of most of
the Chromium omnibox code, I can testify that there's a ton of fixup,
heuristics, and other stuff that's designed to get the user "what they want"
that should never be in a spec.  I think limiting the scope to URLs consumed
as part of web content makes more sense.

PK