[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 30 19:17:44 PDT 2010

On 7/30/10 9:57 PM, Roger Hågensen wrote:
> and clicking the link will behave as if the user selected Save As from
> UI context menu!</a>

I would object to implementing this.  I have no problem putting up a
dialog asking the user whether to save or open in a helper app, but I
see no reason why I should force saving on the user, as a browser
developer.  If the user wants to open your zip in a zip reader, why
shouldn't he?

-Boris