[whatwg] Content encoding (e.g. compression) in Web Sockets

Doug Simpkinson douglips at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:22:15 PST 2010

If the headers are optional, is there a reason they can't be added to
the spec in version 1?  It's OK if the first implementations ignore
it, but it seems that some implementations have a faster release cycle
than IETF protocol spec updates, so the upside to having it in the
spec sooner is huge.

If I can help, for example by providing a patch to the spec, I'd be glad to.