[whatwg] Fullscreen for HTML5 Video element

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:38:03 PST 2010

2010/3/8 Sir Gallantmon (ニール・ゴンパ) <ngompa13 at gmail.com>
> I don't know if I completely agree with that. If that were the case, people would have done it with Flash years ago. Flash can be started in full screen mode, and yet nobody's done it....

I know that the Adobe Flash team has worked very hard to provide hints
to the user when Flash enters full screen.

I'm not saying their solution is good or correct or works. But it is
clear that even Adobe is aware of the security concerns involved with
fullscreen. I'm glad that the spec as referenced expressly forbids
offering a public fullscreen api.