[whatwg] Installable web apps

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue May 25 07:33:22 PDT 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010 16:12:44 +0200, Simpson, Grant Leyton
<glsimpso at indiana.edu> wrote:
> One question I have off the top of my head is how updates are handled. I
> like the idea of better integration with the OS and the browser but I
> don't want to lose one of what I see as the best elements of web app
> development, namely the need to not have to update clients' copies of
> the app individually.

Presumably the "installed" app would still be delivered over HTTP;
potentially with a lot of offline data through storage and a cache
manifest. "installed" seems to be just a bit on top of what we have
already that gives a few extra features. At least that's what I make out
of the rough summary.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/