[whatwg] Inline Web Worker

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Mon Oct 18 11:28:15 PDT 2010

I believe it's a security feature.

Imagine that you download foo.html into your C:/ - according to the logic
below, script running in foo.html should be able to read *any file on your
C:/ drive*. That seems scary to me.

FWIW, chrome allows passing the --allow-file-access-from-files command line
flag to make it easier for developers to work locally without running an
HTTP server.

-atw