[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Shiv Kumar skumar at exposureroom.com
Mon Sep 20 22:03:04 PDT 2010

>For the pause state you will have to use the onpause event to make any
changes. But to be honest, I doubt anyone would want to show the poster in
>pause state. I have not >seen that anywhere yet and I have come across a
sizeable number of video sites. Can you point to a single one that currently
>loads a poster image when you press pause?

Someone here mentioned Voddler. I've seen a few, but I can't recall. Some of
our content producers have requested this too but we've not provided them
with this feature.

Can you give me a good reason/case for not having a simple method (with no
side effects) to make a poster visible/invisible?

Shiv

 <http://exposureroom.com/> http://exposureroom.com