[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:39:51 PDT 2010

On 21 Sep 2010, at 15:45, Shiv Kumar wrote:
> I proposed that there be a method such as setPostervisibility(bool) to
> implement this feature while Silvia is proposing this feature be implemented
> via the load() method.
>
> So it then makes sense that she give good reason for and against, just as I
> have.

As I understand it, Silvia is suggesting you use an existing feature in the spec to do what you want to do, whereas you are proposing to add a *new* feature to the spec to do what you want to do.

As per the FAQ, adding new features requires justification; not adding new features does not require justification.

I'm not saying your new feature is without any justification.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis