[whatwg] Consensus on video element (scriptable) Full-Screen

Shiv Kumar skumar at exposureroom.com
Tue Sep 21 12:22:19 PDT 2010

Pardon me if I've missed something. The last time I found and read the spec
on this feature it said that UAs should not provide a script interface to
put the video element in full screen.

Now in order for anyone to be able to provide their own skin/player, we'll
need to provide a scriptable way to switch the video element to full screen
and out including events to support the same.

I know the Webkit folks have provided,
webkitEnterFullScreen/webkitExitFullScreen methods to allow this. I don't
believe there are any events supporting the change in state.

I think it's important that the video element provide a scriptable way to do
this. Internally, the UA can determine if the call was made using a user
gesture as I believe Webkit is doing.

What do others think?

Shiv

http://exposureroom.com <http://exposureroom.com/>