[whatwg] Live video streaming with html5.

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Tue Sep 21 12:55:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Pedro Fernandes Steimbruch <
pedrofsteimbruch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if it might be a noob question, maybe becouse I am noob. hehe
>
> I work in a company that do live video streaming. We are using the rtmp
> protocol to do this streaming. My question is about how HTML5 handles
> streaming. Is there already a specific solution in HTML5 for this kind of
> streaming?
>
> Thank you!

Yes, I have use Icecast server to make a ogg streaming. From webcam, I used
ffmpeg , dvgrab and oggfwd software to publish webcam stream. I used <video>
tag with src="http://ip:8000/live.ogg" to display in a webpage.

Thanks.

Somebody has done webm streaming but I do know the procedure.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya