[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 04:54:33 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Removing the poster attribute is an option to turn the poster off but
>> there is no way to turn it back on again.
>
> You just need to remember the value of the poster element before you remove
> it - then you can set it back later.

I might be misunderstanding what was requested but I don't think this
would work. Setting it back won't make the poster appear. The original
request was to have a way to make the poster appear or disappear at
will. I don't think there is a way at all of re-displaying the poster
without creating a new video element is there?

--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz