[whatwg] Low Memory Event

Rob Evans rob at mtn-i.com
Mon Sep 27 16:47:26 PDT 2010

Indeed, I think to start with this would be very useful. Even if no other
info is presented, it would certainly help to mitigate any memory issues as
much as possible.

If nothing else the running script could act to reduce memory usage.

On 28 Sep 2010 00:44, "Charles Pritchard" <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

On 9/27/10 3:30 PM, Rob Evans wrote:

> I think one of the most useful things that a js script could know is how
much memory is availab...
On 27 Sep 2010 23:19, "timeless" <timeless at gmail.com> wrote:

>> what exactly do you intend to do if you get such a signal?
>>
>> In general, this is mostl...

I'm just talking about the bare minimum:
  sending a simple event window.dispatchEvent(lowmemory)
No details / guarantees. It's just a hint.

Mozilla has made efforts to handle low memory issues (allocation errors or
otherwise)
mainly in the handling of image resources. I'd like to see the practice
become
more widespread.