[whatwg] ArrayBuffer and the structured clone algorithm

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Tue Feb 1 10:17:27 PST 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:36:19 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
>> On 2/1/11 5:19 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>>> While you're discussing efficient handoff of ArrayBuffer, do you also
>>> keep in mind efficient handoff of other objects (e.g. ImageData) as
>>> discussed in this thread?:
>>> http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-January/029885.html
>>
>> For what it's worth, in Gecko that's the same thing, since imagedata is just a typed array in our implementation.
>
> ImageData.data you mean? I wonder if we can still remove CanvasPixelArray.

I haven't seen anything that depends on CanvasPixelArray the name, but I wonder if people use the constructor to access the CPA prototype?  It could be treated simply as an alias to the appropriate Typed Array constructor i guess, but i'd want to be sure that there's no weirdness with people modifiying both the typed array and cpa prototypes.

--Oliver