[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Nicholas Zakas nzakas at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Feb 11 07:40:26 PST 2011

We've gone back and forth around implementation specifics, and now I'd like to get a general feeling on direction. It seems that enough people understand why a solution like this is important, both on the desktop and for mobile, so what are the next steps?

Are there changes I can make to my proposal that would make it easier to implement and therefore more likely to have someone take a stab at implementing?

Is there a concrete alternate proposal that's worth building out instead?

As I've said before, I believe this is an important feature in whatever incarnation may arise. If my solution isn't the right one, that's fine, but let's try to figure out what the right one is.

Thanks.

-N