[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

James Graham jgraham at opera.com
Fri Feb 11 08:17:36 PST 2011

On 02/11/2011 04:40 PM, Nicholas Zakas wrote:
> We've gone back and forth around implementation specifics, and now
> I'd like to get a general feeling on direction. It seems that enough
> people understand why a solution like this is important, both on the
> desktop and for mobile, so what are the next steps?

I think the first step would be to produce some performance data to
indicate the actual bottleneck(s) in different configurations (browsers,
devices, scripts, etc.). Unless I missed something (quite possible, the
thread has been long), the only "data" so far presented has been some
hearsay about gmail on some unknown hardware/browser combination.