[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Tue Feb 15 16:18:02 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Nicholas Zakas <nzakas at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> That being said, I think we're going a bit off-track now. Both Kyle's and my proposals are based on already-existing functionality that we know doesn't break the web (code hacks aside). We'd both like to formalize that behavior in some way so that we can make better use of it. We should really be discussing whether any of the proposals are worth pursuing to any degree.

Can you comment on the issues I raised?  I found the potential
benefits of an execute() call substantial; without it, the case for
readyState seems more compelling (though I need to review the feature
detection question in more depth).  Also, again, your example code
doesn't work the way it looks like it's intended to, since
successCallback will be called before the loaded scripts have actually
been executed.

--
Glenn Maynard