[whatwg] File mode Database Storage

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Thu Feb 17 22:34:45 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Shwetank Dixit <shwetankd at opera.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:38:16 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya <
> narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Shwetank Dixit <shwetankd at opera.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:17:51 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya <
>>> narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I am trying to create a Quiz application. I am thinking to adopt on

>>> Another option could be to use use WebSQL which basically uses sqlite.
>>> Though the standard is in impasse, its still supported in Opera, and
>>> webkit
>>> based browsers like chrome and safari. FF does not support it though.
>>>

>>>  I can use any DB technology, Only point I have that will I be able to
>> open
>> or parse the DB content locally ?
>>
> Depends on the browser. Some (not all) browsers do allow you to see the
> contents of the db locally, at least when it comes to websql. I'm not so
> sure about indexeddb right now.

May I have list ? At least one browser support will do.
Student can open XML files and check answers. This is why I am looking for
local database as this will create the task relatively difficult.
Also files are mostly self-assignment , just like normal book which always
has answer at the end of book. so having access to answers will not make
much issue.