[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 22 15:59:33 PST 2011

On 2/22/11 6:39 PM, Kyle Simpson wrote:
> This seems strange to me. Generated images (like in captchas, etc) have
> to be common enough

The captchas I just looked at use different URIs for different captcha
images.

I oversimplified a bit: the image cache in Gecko does do some http-like
stuff, but it defaults to handing back the already existing image data
and then kicks off a request to validate if needed.

This can cause the wrong image to show temporarily, until replaced by
the right one (which I consider a bug; I think the cache needs to be
less aggressive).

That approach is clearly not workable for scripts... ;)

-Boris