[whatwg] ConnectionPeer experiences

Patrik Persson J patrik.j.persson at ericsson.com
Fri Jan 28 04:02:09 PST 2011

That is a very good point, and the name "add..." made me, too, suspect that ConnectionPeer could potentially be applied to multicast scenarios.

However, it seems to me that this would quickly get rather complex.  A single peer that connects to multiple others would still require the implementation to combine multiple addRemoteConfiguration() calls into a multicast configuration or something similar.  I'm not quite sure how that would work, but if it can be done, it can also be done with multiple one-to-one ConnectionPeers.

The alternative would be to use one ConnectionPeer for each peer you're connected to.  I think this is more straight-forward from an API point of view.  I also don't think this would restrict the potential for efficient multicast (for reasons outlined ebove).

Feel free to set me straight.  Perhaps question 3 in my original message could be read a follows:

Is the ConnectionPeer intended to be used in a one-to-many setting (using a single ConnectionPeer in the 'one' end)?  If so, how would that work?

Cheers,