[whatwg] Proposal to extend registerProtocolHandler

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 5 14:00:21 PDT 2011

On 7/5/11 4:48 PM, Michael Davidson wrote:
> Granting permission, yes. But just asking for permission?

If the asking for permission can happen in a context in which the user
can't tell what's being asked for, it's a really bad idea...

> I say it's less annoying because (in Chrome, anyway), the infobar that
> asks for permission to be granted isn't modal, and the user can continue
> with her work.

This is the one reason that permission requests don't have that higher
bar yet, yes.

> The UA should make it as clear as possible what the consequences are of
> granting persistent permissions

That's really difficult if the site asks for a bunch of permissions in a
flurry.

-Boris