[whatwg] Proposal: "Offline-Capable" Meta Tag and API Indicates Application's Ability to Function Without Network Connection

Justin Novosad junov at chromium.org
Thu Oct 13 08:31:21 PDT 2011

Hi Brian,

I think this is a very interesting proposition.  I would like to add
that there should also be UA-native indication to the user that an app
can become offline-capable upon request, along with a mechanism for
requesting offline capability, and for triggering app data
synchronization.  The motivation being that there should be a
universal way to manage the
state of all offline capable apps at the browser/OS level.