[whatwg] should we add beforeload/afterload events to the web platform?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 3 12:58:49 PST 2012

On 2/3/12 3:38 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>> I also believe that we have proposed this for standardization in the
>> past, though it seems to have fallen through the cracks a bit...
>
> I couldn't find any mention of it in the WHATWG archives or Bugzilla,
> though I did find an e-mail from sicking saying he'd proposed it to the
> WHATWG list. :-(

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-August/027975.html
and then there were some followup mails with broken threading
bikeshedding the names looks like.

> As noted in the previous e-mail, it's not clear that the content-blocker
> use cases are valid. The use case that is compelling for beforescriptexecute
> is regarding sites who are trying to address mixed content vulnerabilities
> progressively and need to closer control over external script execution.

That's the use case I was talking about, but they'd want at least
control over stylesheets too, I'd think.

-Boris