[whatwg] Proposal: Deprecate registerProtocolHandler/registerContentHandler via Web Intents

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:31:22 PST 2012

Þann þri 21.feb 2012 18:44, skrifaði James Hawkins:
> I'm not sure if the proposal was explicit enough, but for the RPH-esque
> functionality in Web Intents, we activate WI in the same circumstances
> RPH is activated, which is when links are activated in a page.  Can you
> elucidate how the scenarios you listed could be handled?  Note these
> scenarios are above and beyond RPH, but we're not trying to make the API
> self-limiting.
Windows Explorer (the file manager) does for example offer users to edit
images upon right-click. I worry that if URI scheme handlers need not
only take care of fetching but also of presentation, other actions than
view will be unnecessarily hard to implement. Thus I figure retrieval
and presentation must be separated.

(view (fetch uniform:resource/locator))
or
(edit (fetch uniform:resource/locator))

instead of
(fetch-and-view uniform:resource/locator)