[whatwg] autocompletetype tokens (was: Proposal for autocompletetype Attribute in HTML5 Specification)

Ilya Sherman isherman at chromium.org
Fri Jan 20 15:39:45 PST 2012

Forking off this thread to discuss and/or bikeshed about the specific list
of field type tokens for the 'autocompletetype' attribute proposal [1].  If
you have any comments or suggestions regarding this list, please add them
here.
[1] http://wiki.whatwg.org/index.php?title=Autocompletetype#Notes_on_tokens:

One suggestion, brought up by Simon Pieters, is to remove the discouraged
field types (e.g. 'phone-local-prefix').  As I mentioned on the other
thread, the tradeoff with these is supporting existing websites vs.
trimming the official list of tokens and encouraging best practices.  Both
lines of reasoning seem fairly sensible to me, and I'd love to get some
insights from folks on which approach is more likely to work better for
establishing a good specification.