Jukka K. Korpela jkorpela at cs.tut.fi
Sun Jul 15 09:43:18 PDT 2012

2012-07-15 17:40, Ian Yang wrote:

 > Throughout the article, I saw it mentioned "bullets" and "numbers"
 > frequently. However, that's just browsers' default rendering of <ul> and
 > <ol>.

It's the only real difference between the two.

 > As a coder, personally I don't care how browsers render them by
 > default.

You should. Check out the Usual CSS Caveats.

 > What I care is the meaning of the code I write. That is, when I
 > want an unordered list, I write <ul>; when I want an ordered list, I
write

And what does that mean? Does it mean that browser may or will treat
<ul> as unordered in the sense that it can render the items in any
order? If not, what *is* the difference? Just some people's *calling* it
"unordered".

Yucca