[whatwg] Correcting some misconceptions about Responsive Images

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 17 01:46:45 PDT 2012

On May 16, 2012, at 10:39 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> I agree that there's no obligation. And I agree that if people here
> didn't know about the existence of the CG then of course it's not
> surprising that we didn't engage with the work that was happening
> there.
>
> However I was under the impression that that wasn't the situation
> here. So while I agree that there was no obligation, it also doesn't
> seem surprising to me that the people in the CG were unhappy/upset
> with the resulting outcome.

I didn't know about the respimg CG until a few days ago (after a couple of days of discussion of responsive image proposals, and months after Ted first posted his image-set proposal to www-style). Checking after the fact, I could find no mention of the term "respimg" or anything else uniquely identifying the community group in the archives of whatwg at whatwg.org or public-html, and no one from the CG that I asked had a recollection of announcing it here. That's the basis for my assumption that most people here didn't know about the CG while it was working on its proposal. Do you have a basis for assuming otherwise?

REgards,
Maciej