[whatwg] Meta "bugreport" proposal

Nicolas Froidure froidure_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 31 03:06:23 PDT 2012

On 31/10/2012 10:55, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-10-31 10:21, Nicolas Froidure wrote:
>>              Hi,
>>
>>      I think we need a specification to allow users to report websites
>> bugs from their browser. That's why i think it could be usefull to add a
>> meta markup like this :
>
> <link>, not <meta>.
Indeed it seems better

>> The uri could be :
>> - mailto: to send a report by mail (ex: mailto:webmaster at example.org)
>> - http: to send the bug report a a simple HTTP POST request (ex:
>> http://example.org/bugreport).
>> - bug: something more customizable to allow webmasters to fit bug
>> reports with their systems (ex:
>> bug:http?uri=/bug.dat&method=POST&captcha=/captcha.jpg )
>
> What's the use case for this? Do you want to automate bug submission?
> What for?
The main advantage of bug submissions inside the browser is the ability
to retrieve a lot of informations automatically that you can't get
inside a web page context. By exemple, in the extension :
- a screenshot of the page
- the content of the javascript error console
- the uri, the window size, the user agent

All technical datas a normal user don't know.

The main reason is to get a better web by catching better feedback.