[whatwg] 2D canvas feature proposal: text decoration

Justin Novosad junov at google.com
Fri Apr 19 06:51:33 PDT 2013

Rik, just to be clear, what you are suggesting is: use IDL enum in the
spec, and implementors could use DOMString just the same.

That sounds OK. However, I would find it unfortunate to re-specify the
behavior of the property in the canvas 2d context spec, when we could just
spec it like 'font' by saying that it is interpreted the same way as the
corresponding CSS property. I think it is a good idea to keep in sync with
CSS whenever we can.

FWIW, some of the other properties have good reasons for being re-specified
in the 2d canvas spec. For example, text alignment works very differently
in CSS vs. 2D canvas.