[whatwg] itemtypes from same vocabulary

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Thu Feb 14 19:32:02 PST 2013

Thanks for the further pointer Lin. I can see that the change request
to allow multiple itemtypes came from John Giannandrea (Google), and
specifically concerned schema.org.

In John's email [1] he proposed limiting multiple types to being from
the same origin domain, not the same vocabulary as is stated in the
Microdata spec. It sounds like an obvious question, but is there a
precise definition of what is meant by "same vocabulary"? Or is it
just a hand wavy way of talking about what humans understand when
putting the itemtype URLs in their browsers, reading, and
understanding that they are types that are part of some larger
coherent whole?

//Ed

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2011Jun/0364.html