[whatwg] use of article to markup comments

Steve Faulkner faulkner.steve at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:44:19 PST 2013

Over on the HTML WG list [1] we have been discussing the use of the article
element to mark up comments.

I have sketched out a few alternative possibilities to the current
recommendation in the spec of using the article element as it has been
indicated by users who consume the semantics that its use is suboptimal.

I am bringing this over here as well as one of the suggestions I have [2]
made may include implementation changes

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Jan/thread.html#msg109
[2] http://www.html5accessibility.com/tests/comments.html