[whatwg] proposal: Add support for masking to canvas

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Jan 29 21:59:16 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 1/30/13 12:13 AM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> > ah, sorry. I looked at the dictionary for hitregions
>
> Sounds like we should consider fixing this hitregions thing whatever it is.

The HitRegionOptions dictionary has (some) nullable members to allow the
"missing" value to also be represented as null (as distinct from the empty
string). For 'id', the missing value is represented by the empty string,
so it's not nullable. For 'cursor', the missing value is not distinguished
from the value 'inherit', so it's not nullable either. As you point out,
all the values are optional; the reason to make something nullable is just
to allow the "null" value, not to make it optional.