[whatwg] proposal: Add support for masking to canvas

Cameron McCormack cam at mcc.id.au
Thu Jan 31 18:55:31 PST 2013

On 30/01/13 6:28 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> That's weird. heycam, can you elaborate on this? The addHitRegion() case
> in particular never makes sense to be called without a dictionary
> containing at least one member. Do we have to allow it?

This is to encourage (require, really) API design that allows the
dictionary object to be not specified at all.  Remember that all
dictionary members can be "not specified" anyway.

Do you want addHitRegion() to throw just like addHitRegion({}) would
throw?  That will happen if you already have wording to say that
addHitRegion({}) will throw.