[whatwg] seamless iframes and event propagation

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Fri Jan 11 11:28:22 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Is that the case for all non-target/relatedTarget attributes that need
>> adjustment? That they do not actually need to be adjusted but are
>> calculated on getting based on the target and its conditions at the
>> time of getting? (E.g. for touch events, the new pointer events,
>> anything else?)
>
> That's been our implementation experience. It's neat that properties
> on event objects fall cleanly into two categories:
>
> 1) properties that inform the author about the actual event dispatch
> process (target, relatedTarget)
> 2) properties that inform the author about the specifics of the event.
>
> The #1 are the ones that need adjustment for encapsulation. The #2 are
> the ones that can be either computed on demand or don't need
> adjustment.

I'd like to have the concrete list, because in the event model all
attributes are initialized before the event is dispatched and they do
not change. That's the way init*Event() and now event constructors
work. offset* (and a few others on MouseEvent) might be special
because they were added later on and were not really standardized (I
made an attempt in CSSOM View for MouseEvent extensions but did not
cover this peculiarity).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/