[whatwg] Feedback on a variety of elements

Steve Faulkner faulkner.steve at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:33:14 PST 2013

Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>My point stands. aria-has-popup is pointless because it doesn't define an
>interaction model. There's no useful way for an AT to expose it.

oh I missed your point, suggest you bring it up with the browser
implementers who have implemented aria-haspopup to map to corresponding
properties in MSAA, IA2, ATK/AT-SPI, UIA and Mac AX accessibility API's and
the AT's such as JAWS, VoiceOver, NVDA etc, that expose  aria-haspopup, as
provided by the browser, to users.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_state-property

On 25 January 2013 18:07, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> > On 19 January 2013 01:41, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> > > I don't see any useful explanation of how to use aria-haspopup here.
> >
> > suggest you look at definition of aria-haspopup in the ARIA spec
>
> That's what I looked at before this conversation began.
>
> My point stands. aria-has-popup is pointless because it doesn't define an
> interaction model. There's no useful way for an AT to expose it.
>
> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG