[whatwg] Request: Implementing a Geo Location URI Scheme

Peter Occil poccil14 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 09:08:49 PDT 2013

Just to clarify:

Are you requesting to have the "geo" protocol be handled by the browser
itself,
without requiring users to install additional software, and without
requiring
websites to register the protocol in advance?

I assume by "out of the box" you mean that as soon as you install the
browser
and type a "geo" URL the browser will handle the "geo" protocol itself,
perhaps
by displaying a browser-specific Web page for that "geo" URL. Am I right?

I have no opinion on whether your proposal is good or not.

--Peter