[whatwg] font security on measureText

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sat Jun 8 04:32:58 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> If browsers align on the above text the HTML spec indeed would no longer
> need to worry about this, since there'd no longer be any cross-origin
> fonts. Has this occurred?
>
> (Personally I don't really see why we'd limit this to same-origin and
> CORS-cross-origin only. It makes loading fonts from other origins a pain.)

It shouldn't be a pain; adding the right CORS headers should be easy.

This very thread is one good example of why we should limit font loading to
same-origin and CORS-cross-origin; it simplifies font-related APIs because
we don't have to worry about information leaks.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq